Checking in online at Spirit.com is free, and it's the quickest way to check in for your flight and print your boarding pass. Check-in begins 24 hours before departure and ends an hour prior to departure. This is also a good time to buy a seat assignment or last minute bags – it will be less expensive online than at the airport. Bags purchased within 24 hours prior to departure will be charged at the online check-in rate, so buy bags early and save major moola.
If you don’t check in online, our kiosks at the airport are self-serve and easy to use. Customer Service Agents are available at the airport; however, you may wait longer at our check-in counters and there is a charge of $25 to print each boarding pass.
Some Guests may not be able to complete check-in online (see below). If this happens to be the case for you, please check in at the airport counter. Our Guest Service Agents will be happy to assist you.
Guests who may not be able to complete check-in online include:
- Guests traveling with pets
- Guests traveling on a group reservation of 10 or more
- Unaccompanied minors
- Guests traveling with a lap infant
- Guests traveling with Military ID instead of a passport
- Guests traveling to or from certain international destinations
- Non-U.S. citizens departing from international locations
- Guests who purchased an extra seat or special items
- Guests that are unable to complete their check-in online will need to complete the process with a ticket counter agent (in this case the fee will be waived)