We’re sorry to hear that your bag was mishandled and the inconveniences that were caused during your trip. We’d like to make every effort to earn your future business. Creating an incident report at the airport of arrival is the first step of the claims process. Our domestic airport locations offer a self-serve, virtual Baggage Service Office, allowing our guests to report directly to Central Baggage.
Please note: Incident reports at the station are not claims but rather a record of your mishandled baggage event. Once your incident report is created, you will need to continue the process by filing a claim.
To initiate the claims process:
- Create an incident report at the airport of arrival within 4 hours for domestic travel, 7 days for international damage reports, and 21 days for international loss, delayed, and pilferage reports.
- Once the incident report is created, you will receive a Baggage Irregularity Receipt or a Luggage Service Report with details about the claims process and a File ID. If a report is not made in the prescribed time, claims will be denied.
- Review and complete the online claim form, as instructed below.
Directions for submitting a mishandled baggage claim:
- Visit our Baggage Service web portal at www.spirit.com/bagclaim.
- Enter your last name and File ID.
- Click on “Create Online Claim”
- Follow the instructions shown and enter your information in the required fields.
- Provide all supporting documents (e.g., proof of purchase for claimed items, Government photo identification, such as driver’s license or passport.
- Click the “Submit” button.
NOTE: If all required documents are submitted, most claims will be processed within 30 days.
For more information about our limits of liability, please visit www.spirit.com/COC.
- For delayed bags within 5 days of travel, please contact the local Baggage Service Office (international and Caribbean travel) or our virtual Baggage Service Office (domestic travel), as applicable. Their contact information can be found here. After 5 days of travel, please complete and submit the online claim form for a lost bag to continue with the claim process.
- For damaged bags, a verifiable estimate of repair/cleaning from a local luggage repair shop should be submitted with the claim. Should the repair shop indicate, in writing, that the luggage cannot be repaired, please submit documented proof of purchase for the non-repairable item valued at $50 USD or more. (Subject to depreciation.) Please note: Spirit is not responsible for damage caused by oversized, overweight, or over-packed luggage; or for normal wear such as minor cuts, scratches, dents, or soiled luggage.
- For soiled clothing in-flight, a verifiable estimate of cleaning from a local cleaning company should be submitted with the claim. Should the repair shop indicate, in writing, that the article of clothing cannot be cleaned/repaired, please submit documented proof of purchase for the non-repairable item valued at $50 USD or more. (Subject to depreciation)
If you have any questions on how to submit your claim or the claims process, contact our Central Baggage team via the Baggage Service web portal at www.spirit.com/bagclaim. Click the “Communicate With Us” option. You will be asked to enter your last name and File ID.